Monday, August 3, 2015

Music Monday: Drag Me Down by One Direction

Hello everybody!
Welcome to the first Music Monday and the first of my August posts. Seriously... where did July go? One more month of summer vacation left :(
Anyway... let's get on with this post.


So, of course, I just had to put One Direction's new single in today's post because, let's be real, it's pretty darn good. Not to mention, it's their most successful single yet, considering they did no promo for it at all. Ha, Zayn who? (jk, come back Zayn baby)
There's no YouTube link, but here's the Spotify link x
They've come a long way from their first album. While this song is not really pop (like their first album), it still makes you want to get up and dance. Honestly, every time it comes up on the radio, I just have to blast it and sing to it (loudly and badly... oops, sorry whoever's driving).
The vocals are beautiful! Each of them make the song special. Even without Zayn, it's still perfect. 
And the lyrics! First of all, the metaphors: fire for a heart... river for a soul
My favorite is:
All my life you stood by me
When no one else was ever behind me
All these lights, they can't blind me
With your love nobody can drag me down

And then Louis' nobody, nobody

Ahhh, I just love this song so much right now! It's been on repeat since it came out.

Thanks so much for reading. I'll see you .... TOMORROW!
~Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment