Sunday, July 5, 2015

May/June Favorites

Hello everybody!
It's July!!!! SUMMERRRRRRR!!
By the time this post goes up, I'll be at camp, so I'll make this quick.
I don't have a lot of makeup/fashion things in this favorites post because I've been getting so lazy. It's summer and I don't want to be wearing so much makeup. Also, I basically wear the same two pairs of shorts the entire summer.... so nothing new there...
Let's just get on with it.

1. A Work in Progress by Connor Franta

ISBN: 978-1-4767-9161-6
Goodreads: x
Amazon: x
Barnes and Noble: x

So I got Connor's book for my birthday and read the entire thing in one sitting. You can read my review here x. It is absolutely amazing. For someone who's only 22, he's so wise. His book contains so many motivational and life lessons. You don't have to be a fan of his videos to love this book.

2. RCLBeauty101 x
I don't remember which one of her videos I saw first (I think it was her prom hacks), but I basically fell in love with her right away. Her content is so funny and relatable, I just love it! A lot of her videos feature her boyfriend, Isaac, who has amazing eyes. Like seriously... can I have them??
She also does a lot of giveaways. For June and July, she's doing a giveaway every week and is giving away things like Apply watches and Macbook Airs. I don't know how she can afford all those things!

3. Sundress candle

(Bath & Body Works x)

You might remember this from my recent haul post x. I've been burning this candle a lot and it smells amazing!! I'm terrible at describing smells, but I'll try. On the website it says "Bright day lilies, tonka beans and bergamot create a beautiful new style of fragrance." To me, that means nothing. I have no idea what any of those things smell like, much less mixed together. 
I think it smells like soap.... like Irish Spring soap (I think). It just smells like cleanliness. It's very light and refreshing, not really sweet.

4. Peach Green Tea Lemonade

This has been my go to drink at Starbucks lately. Normally, I get some sort of frappuccino, but I feel like that's too heavy for really hot days. When it's blistering outside, I prefer the lightness of the tea to the heaviness of chocolate in the frapp. Not to mention, it's so much cheaper!! Why is Starbucks so expensive??? I'm poor! Help me!!!

5. Lancome Toner and Lotion
Par of a 6-piece gift x

Lancome's Bienfait Aqua Vital x

These were mentioned in my Lancome haul x. I've never actually used a toner before. I like that this picks up any residue that the cleanser may have missed. Whenever I use it, I'll always find makeup or dirt left on the cotton pad. However, I don't like the strong alcohol smell it has. 
This lotion is oil-free, which is great for me. My skin gets very oily, so lotions tend to add onto that (ugh). But this one doesn't! It's very light weight and sinks into your skin immediately. There's no oily feeling afterwards, but your skin still feels hydrated.

6. Teen Wolf and Orange is the New Black
Okay, I've definitely mentioned Teen Wolf in one of my first favorites post... because it's one my of favorite TV shows. The first two seasons contain very typical teenage drama. But starting from the third season.... things get dark really fast. First of all.. ALLISON!!! Omg... *cries*
Every episode leaves me screaming for more. The fifth season just premiered at the end of June (so it still counts) and it's seriously getting scary... I'm so scared for all of them. They're all my babies and I don't want anything to happen to them! Plus, Derek isn't on the show that much, which makes me very sad. I really want to see more of him. 
Another reason to watch the show would be the very hot guys who get casted.... Dylan O'Brien, obviously! But every season they introduce more hot characters, both guys and girls. Like Arden Cho, hello? She's absolutely gorgeous! 
Okay, enough fangirling about Teen Wolf.

I started watching Orange is the New Black when some girls in my English class were going on about the third season, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm still on season one, but it's really good!
When I think of prison, I automatically think of ruthless murders and rapists. But this makes me think that not everyone is prison is bad. In this show, you see different people's stories and how they ended up in prison.

So that's all I have for these two months. I kind of doubt much will change for July/August since I will be spending most of my time doing summer homework, writing college essays, and preparing for SATs/ACTs again. This is my last summer as a high schooler! *tear* How scary is that? The thought of me going to college scares me so much.. but let's not think about it until we have to.

Thanks so much for reading. I'll see you soon!
~Claudia


Twitter: x
Instagram: x

No comments:

Post a Comment