Sunday, May 31, 2015

Bookcon 2015: Meeting Alfie Deyes, Richelle Mead, and more!

Hello everybody!
Yesterday, Riv and I went to bookcon with one of our friends. I went there mainly for Alfie Deyes and Richelle Mead. I had to buy Alfie and Richelle's books from the bookstore there. It was hectic there, extremely unorganized. That was the worst part of my bookcon experience.

I started lining up 40 minutes before Alfie's autographing session and met him around 15 minutes after it started. So I went up to him and he was like "Hi, how are you?" I said, "I'm good. How are you?" and he said, "I love your necklace!" and I was like, "Thanks!" I was literally too excited to talk... He is so perfect up close. His camera does not do him justice. Literally perfect.



This picture was take by a girl I met while waiting in line.

 (I'm passing my phone to the girl)

These two pictures are screenshots from Alfie's vlog (x) (I was in Alfie's vlog... OMG)

Riv and I went to Richelle Mead and Marie Lu's panel called Brave New Worlds. They talked about their writing process. It was a very fun and relaxed conversation. We left during the Q&A part to run to Richelle's autographing line. We were one of the last ones to meet Richelle even though we started lining up 1 hour before. How insane is that? But on the bright side, WE GOT AN ARC OF SOUNDLESS. YOU KNOW NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM TO READ THIS. She is so nice and sooo pretty!!! I was actually able to speak this time. Mostly because it wasn't a very rushed situation where there were people yelling at me to keep moving (like Alfie's). I told her how much I love the Vampire Academy series and how I was sad it was over. She told me she liked my skirt!! I'm so freaking happy I met her, I've been a fan of her books since fifth grade.




(Sorry the pictures are kind of blurry. I had to zoom in since we were sitting near the back.)



The Rube Circle is the last book of The Bloodlines series. I have the first book and that's the only book I've read in the series because I don't really like Sydney (the main character). But I'll try to get through the series now. This series is a spin off Richelle's other series, Vampire Academy. It focus on an alchemist, Sydney Sage. Alchemists protect vampires's secret from the human world. All her life, Sydney has been taught that vampire and half-vampires are unnatural and evil. Now, she's forced to go into hiding with vampires and half-vampies.


Soundless doesn't come out until November. It's about a girl who lives in a village where everyone is deaf. Things start to go wrong there, like people going blind. One day she wakes up and she is suddenly able to hear. She's the only one who can save her village. Richelle described how hard it was to describe what the girl was hearing. She couldn't say "she heard a bell ringing" because the girl wouldn't know what a bell sounds like. 

We also met Sophie Davis. Riv is a big fan, she got a picture with her last year at bookcon. I bought her book, Pawn, for $10 and got it signed. Sophie Davis was so nice. She saw me carrying a bunch of books and gave me a bag to put them in.



I started reading it while waiting in life for Richelle and I like it so far.
After a near death experience, Eel (it's a nickname) finds herself a minion for the gods, fated to live a life that is predetermined.

The last book I got signed was an arc Balancing Act by Margaret Gurevich. It's about a 16 year old fashion designer interning in New York. It comes out in September. This is the second book in the Chloe by Design series. Riv and I were actually trying to find The Little Prince and we saw the line for this. It was a free book and free signing by the author and illustrator, so why not? The cover and pictures inside are gorgeous. They're illustrated by Brooke Hagel. This book is actually for 9-13 year olds... I didn't realize that until after I got it. But, hey, it was free!



I will try to read this, but I'm mainly interested in the pictures.

If you want to see what else Riv and I got up to at Bookcon (including me meeting Alfie and us meeting Richelle), make sure you follow our joint blog, The Little Black Bookmark (x), for a vlog next week! (I need to start editing hahaha)

Thanks so much for reading. I'll see you soon!
~Claudia


Twitter: x
Instagram: x

2 comments:

  1. The vlog is going to EPIC!! (Mostly just us walking around tbh...)

    ~Riv

    ReplyDelete