Sunday, March 1, 2015

January/February Favorites

Hello everyone!
I almost forgot it was March already! February really flew by. 
Here are some things I loved these two months:

1. Marvel's Agent Carter

I'm going to start off with what I have been loving the most these two months: Agent Carter. If you watched Captain America, you should remember Peggy Carter (I cried so hard when his plane went down and they were planning their date). I seriously love her so much. She is such a strong female character. 
The story takes place after World War II, so Peggy, being a girl, doesn't have much power or influence. Despite having an amazing track record (like come on, she worked with Captain America, you can't get any better than that), she is treated as a secretary at the SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve). Howard Stark (Iron Man's great grand father or something like that) is accused of selling weapons to the enemy and flees the country. He asks Peggy to help clear his name and lends her his butler, Jarvis. Basically, she has to conduct her own investigations behind the SSR's back. There are so many close calls, my heart is always racing at the end of each episode. 
I need to stop my rant here before it gets too long.

2. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

This is all Riv's fault. She has been going on and on about this series and the characters in it that I just had to read it. At first, I was just reading it at school during English, but then the plot got really good (and I got attached to the characters) that I started reading at home. The series is like a prologue to Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments series, but they have almost nothing in common except that they're in the same world. The trilogy includes Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince, and Clockwork Princess. The plot is really good, full of unexpected twists and turns, but I really love the characters, mainly Jem and Will.
I just finished the last book yesterday and I am still an emotional wreck. I can't talk about Jem or Will without breaking down. 
I don't know how to summarize the story without giving any details away, so I'll just give you the wiki summary:
The series follows Tessa Gray, an orphaned teenage girl who discovers she has the power to shapeshift, but doesn't bear a mark that shows she is a warlock, and abilities that plunge her into a world she never knew existed. She will have to learn to master them if she wants to find her brother Nate and she will have to forge an alliance with Shadowhunters if she wants to survive in this dangerous world.
Definitely check out this series, it will blow you away. Should I write a review on this trilogy?

3. SACCONEJOLYs 

I've been watching the Saccone-Jolys for a while now and it's become part of my routine. I come home from school and watch their vlog while I eat. They're an Irish family that moved to England and they consist of Jonathan, Anna, Emilia, and Eduardo. Emilia is two and Eduardo is almost one. They also have seven dogs. I love watching Emilia and Eduardo, they're so freaking cute. I think Jonathan and Anna are great parents. They interact with their kids so much and somehow manage to have seven dogs.
Here's their vlog channel: x
I found them after Zoella mentioned them in her vlogs half a million times.

4. Lippie Stix

I wrote a review on them here x. Even though I gave the lippie a 7/10, I got two more of them. Well actually, Riv gave them to me. I got Brink and Bichette from her. You can read her review here x. I love dark reds, that's why I took Bichette, and Brink is a nice neutral tone to balance out my red lipstick collection.

Unfortunately, I only have four favorites this time, so I can't have that round number of five favorites. Next time I will... I hope?

Thanks so much for reading. I'll see you soon!
~Claudia

Twitter: x
Instagram: x

2 comments:

  1. Mwahahaha converting you with my magical persuasion powers! I told you the Infernal Devices were good and YES you need to write a review :)

    ~Riv

    ReplyDelete