Monday, December 22, 2014

Manicure Monday: Christmas Nails

Hello everybody!
Christmas is just a few days away and I'm so excited!!! This week I'm going to share a really quick and easy way to get Christmas nails. 
I am probably the worst artist ever so I can't do any fancy or cute drawings on my nails. I tried doing a heart once.... it didn't turn out so well.
For these nails I used: 
Wet n Wild protective base coat x
Wet n Wild clear nail protector x
a list from Essie x
W4 from e.l.f x
Midnight Mystery from e.l.f. x

First, put on the base coat. I guess the base coat is optional, but I think it makes the nail polish glide on much easier. Especially with dark colors, the base coat helps prevent any discoloration from the nail polish.

Then apply the W4 on all of the nails except the ring finger. On the ring finger apply a list.

After a list has dried, apply Midnight Mystery. Try to get as many sparkles as you can onto the nail. 


After that has dried, apply the clear coat to prevent chipping.


And you're done! It's super easy and super quick. I did my nails within the span of a Teen Wolf episode. 

Here are some tips for the perfect manicure:
Cut and file your nails before you start for neat looking nails. When you file your nails, file in one direction, not back and forth (that will ruin your nails).
Use three strokes to cover the entire nail: side, side, middle
Don't glop a thick layer onto the nail, that will cause air bubbles. Apply thin layers at a time and build from there. 
Don't worry about getting nail polish on your skin, you can always use nail polish remover to get them off. 
Put your nails in cold water to make the nail polish harden quicker. 

Hopefully I will do other Manicure Mondays in the future, so keep your eyes out for those.
Happy holidays!
Thanks so much for reading. I'll see you soon!
~Claudia 

Twitter: x
Instagram: x

2 comments: