Saturday, September 6, 2014

August Favorites

Hello everybody!
Wow, it seems like August just started yesterday and now it's September! Here are some things I loved during August.

1. The 100
This is a new TV show on The CW. I saw a bunch of pictures and gifs of it on Tumblr so I got really curious and decided to check it out. I finished season 1 in two or three days and I'm really excited for the next season! Here's the wiki summary:

The series is set 97 years after a devastating nuclear war wiped out almost all life on Earth. The only known survivors are the residents of twelve space stations in Earth's orbit prior to the war. The space stations banded together to form a single massive station named "The Ark", where about 2,400 people live. Resources are scarce and all crimes no matter their nature or severity are punishable by death ("floating") unless the perpetrator is under 18 years of age. After the Ark's life support systems are found to be critically failing, one hundred juvenile prisoners are declared "expendable" and sent to the surface in a last ditch attempt to determine if Earth is habitable again. The teens arrive on a beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. However they discover that not all humanity was wiped out. There are people on Earth who survived the world, called "grounders" by the 100. But when their past comes and haunts them and their future seems to be uncertain, they all realize that if they want to survive, they must learn to trust each other -and even love- again... (x)

You can find out more about it here (x

2. Teen Wolf
I started watching Teen Wolf last year after I found it on Tumblr (I find everything on Tumblr) and it's definitely my favorite TV show. The title makes it sound like it's only about stupid high school drama, but it's not. There are some romance and high school problems, but there's actual scary supernatural stuff that goes on too. I've been watching it every week this summer and at the end of each episode I'm always like, "What the hell just happened? I did not see that coming." And then I have to wait a whole week until the next episode. It's the worst kind of torture! The end of last week's episode almost killed me... the suspense! This week is the season finale and I CANNOT WAIT! I'm going to be so sad when the season ends though. No more Dylan O'Brien every week. Here's the wiki summary:

The series revolves around social outcast Scott McCall, a high school student living in the town of Beacon Hills. Scott's life drastically changes when he is bitten by a werewolf, becoming one himself. He must henceforth learn to balance his problematic new identity with his day-to-day teenage life. The following characters are instrumental to his struggle: Stiles, his human best friend; Allison, his first love interest who comes from a family of werewolf hunters; Lydia, a banshee and Allison's best friend; and Derek, a mysterious werewolf with a dark past. Along the way, he encounters characters who shape him into a stronger werewolf and better person: Jackson, a bully from his high school; Malia, a were-coyote and Derek's cousin; Kira, a Japanese fox spirit and Scott's love interest; and Liam, Scott's beta and the first human he bites. Throughout the series, he strives to keep his loved ones safe while maintaining normal relationships with them. (x)

You can find out more about it here (x)

3. 5SOS Album
As you all know, I'm a huge fan of 5 Seconds of Summer. Their first album came out this year and I'm so proud of them! I literally love every single song on their album. If I had to choose, my favorite songs on the album are Long Way Home and Close As Strangers. Most of the songs on my running playlist (songs I listen to when I run) are from this album. It was easy for me to tune out the world and the pain from running while listening to their songs. If you have no idea who they are, you need to go google them or something. 

4. Grey T-shirt
I loved this grey t-shirt from H&M during the summer. I get really lazy and just threw on whatever during the summer. This was my go-to shirt. It's great for the summer since it's loose and I could pair it with any color shorts. Also, it's a light grey, so it doesn't trap heat and I could wear any color bra underneath and it wouldn't show through. I love the cute little pocket it has and the slightly rolled up sleeves.




5. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Thank you Tanya Burr for recommending me this book! She raved about it in her July Favourites 2014! video (x) and the way she described the book made me want to read it really badly. I used to read all the time, but I stopped after school got harder and I got a Tumblr account (oops?). This book is absolutely amazing, definitely my favorite book ever! You can find the review I wrote with my friend here (x)

So there are my August favorites! I don't think I will do these every month, maybe every two or three months. I don't like change very much, so when I find something I like, I stick to it for a very long time.

Thanks so much for reading. I'll see you soon!
~Claudia



11 comments:

  1. Have you read the 100 book yet?? Read-a-long?? :D Great post as always :)

    ~Riv
    https://extreemeobsessed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Riv!
    I started last night. We can do a review when I'm done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww y'all are so cute with the reading and reviewing books together <3

      Delete
    2. Ahaha thanks Rebecca ♥♥

      Delete
  3. Great post, don't mind me stalking through posts randomly haha, I'm new to blogger and recently started my own blog too, so I'm at that obsessed and having a nosey through loads of blogs. Loving what I've seen of your blogs so far :)
    lovetarababii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been watching The 100, it's so good! I'm only a few episodes through though as I'm in the UK.

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!! I was actually just about to start on a September favourites and it's really great to see how you did yours.

    (I'm sorry, i didn't see Tara nominated you for a Liebster but I did as well whoops you're just fab enough for 2 nominations)

    http://brettwrites.blogspot.com/2014/09/ive-been-nominated-not-for-oscar.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brett!
      Thanks for the nomination! I don't mind doing two

      Delete