Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Generation Beauty by Ipsy, Part 1

Hello everyone!

Last Saturday, I had the opportunity to volunteer at Generation Beauty, created by Ipsy. As a volunteer, I helped out at two booths (Artis and Briogeo). It was an interesting experience watching so many people attend this convention. I was able to see some creators, such as Charlotte Cho from Soko Galm and Wengie. As a volunteer, I also received a gift bag from Ipsy, fully of wonderful goodies. The PR people at Artis and Briogeo were very nice and even gifted me a brush and hair mask at the end of my shift. 
Being at this convention made me really want to attend it and get all the goodies available. I was able to talk to a couple of people who were attending the event and their shared their crazy waiting in line stories and all the products they were able to get. 
Gen Beauty tickets are about $99 and early access tickets are about $40 more (based on what people have told me). I think the early access tickets are worth it since you are able to enter the convention an hour earlier than regular tickets, which can really make a difference. The lines for larger brands, such as Makeup Forever, Tarte, and Ciate, are very long. One of the girls I talked to was in Mac's virtual line, but was unable to get in even at the end of the day and had to reline up the next day. From what I saw during early access, there are significantly less people walking around and you don't even need to wait at the smaller booths. When the entire convention was open, some smaller booths had 15-30 minute waiting lines. 

I am currently preparing for my first organic chemistry test of the semester, so I don't have time to take pictures of everything in my gift bag. So stay tuned to see what I got! 

Thanks so much for reading. I'll see you soon!
~Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment