Sunday, February 15, 2015

Review: Sally Hansen Velvet Texture Nail Polish

Hello everybody!
I hope you had a great Valentine's Day. I had a girls night in with my friends and we watch my bae (Dylan O'Brien) running around (Maze Runner).

I got the Sally Hansen Velvet Texture Nail Polish in 670 Lavish a while ago and just got around to use it. 
I'm going to review it the same way I reviewed the Colourpop Lippie Stix (x). It's based on 5 categories and each category is out of two points (so ten in total). 





Color: 2/2 
Texture: 1.5/2
Packaging: 1/2
Price: 1.5/2
Staying power: 1/2
Total: 7/10
CVS: x
Walgreens: x
So basically, this isn't a normal nail polish where it's smooth and shiny. It looks matte and has a rough texture to it. It's supposed to feel like velvet and it kinda does. When I was applying it, I kept on forgetting it was a matte color so I applied around 5 coats because it wasn't shiny. Oops. 

I love the color; it's like a dark red-purple. The texture is pretty good, not exactly like velvet, but close enough. The color is pretty opaque, it only requires two or three coats. It applies very smoothly, so that's good.
The packaging is okay, nothing too special. I got this for around $6 at Walgreens, which is more expensive than what I would usually pay for a nail polish. But I get that's it's Sally Hansen and not Wet n Wild, and it's a velvet nail polish, so I was lenient.
Staying power... I wasn't able to put on my usual top coat, or else that would have defeated the purpose of it being a matte velvet nail polish, so it started chipping the next day.... a lot. I think if you apply a matte top coat, that should fix the problem. 
7/10... not bad... I might buy another color, who knows. Let's see how much money I have the next time I see it.
If you try this out/ have tried it before, let me know what you think!

Thanks so much for reading. I'll see you soon!
~Claudia

Twitter: x
Instagram: x

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! I'm not a fan of matte looks but you definitely pulled it off! :)

    ~Riv

    ReplyDelete